March stats

The month of March was a bit better than February. 

Let's start from the deposits. I withdrew 30 € from Bondora and deposited altogether 280 € to all other places (Mintos, EstateGuru, CrowdEstate and LHV Growth Account). So, in the end, the deposit balance was +250 € to investments, which is about 22% of my after-tax income. Perhaps I could have invested more but as I am planning a short holiday abroad I did spend some money on that as well (plane tickets, lodging etc).

So what did I earn?
The biggest part of the income came from CrowdEstate where the exit from Mustakivi tee project was made. The exit was a few months early as the planned deadline was in July so the interest is smaller than planned due to a shorter time, but I did get a bit more than 68 € from there with interest rate >15%.
The second great "player" was Mintos with the Lendo and Mogo cashback campaigns. All in all, I got 30,04 € from Mintos, including  6,90 € cashback.  Not bad, not bad at all. So this year I have got 15,45 € in cashback from buyback guarantee loans I would be investing in any way. I mean if I could deposit more money there the numbers would be greater, but any little bit helps. 
The only thing with cashback I find annoying is that it is not shown separately in account statement, but put to the deposits row (see image, I deposited 120 and Mintos added 6,90). Yes, it is a deposit, but for clarity, it would be great to see it as a distinct row. In the overview page they do show it as "Campaign Rewards", but that is the all-time value, not the current month info. At least now I know where to look for it. Before I realized where it is shown, I was looking through the emails to get the exact number (they send emails about once a week during campaigns to let you know you got X amount of cashback).
In EstateGuru 2 projects with 11,5% interest rate ended, also some other interests trickled in - all together 19,32 €.  Also, one loan did not go through and the money was given back. One of the finished loans had had some payment issues- so I am happy to see it had a positive finalization. At the same time, the Tolli 7 loan with the deadline of 7th of February is still in trouble, we will see how the bailiff process goes. If all else fails I understand the property will be auctioned off.
Bondora income was less than 10€.
LHV growth account has not received any dividends (SPYW coming in April, maybe something else as well, as most of my funds pay quarterly dividends). Also out of my 5 funds there, 4 are red, this influences the portfolio value a bit. I have been reinvesting money I received from selling off the American funds, so I have not deposited a lot of money there. As this money is in my head dedicated to the growth account I have included it in the "value in time" calculations previous month and this month- this seems logical to me. So this is why there has not been a significant dip there... although I did sell most of my funds in January or February and moved the income to another account. I am spreading out the investments in time, to benefit from the "dollar cost averaging"- I guess in Europe we really should say euro cost averaging but this seems strange- perhaps I have been listening too many US podcasts and the term is stuck in my brain :)

So all together the income in March was 131,45 € or mathematically 4,24 € a day- which is great. I mean I can't live off of such a sum, but at the same time, if I bought a cup of coffee to go daily, I would fink of it as a great indulgence. And now I could do it from my investments if I wanted to. Small victories!

The portfolio value was 14211,12 € on 31.03.2018.

As always exact numbers can be seen in the spreadsheet here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment