Stocks - selling with losses and buying some.

I have been thinking long and hard, but it is so hard not to dabble in stocks. I DO know better, but... Is anyone really immune to the psychology of money? The fact that loss of an amount X will be a much stronger emotion than the profit of the same amount. Why are we like this?
Maybe someone who is really good at analyzing stocks and therefore can make the decisions solely based on that. Not me, not yet anyway.

I have known that I needed to take the step and sell my TVEAT (Tallinna Vesi) stocks. They were looking so red in my account, but it is so hard to take the loss. So I postponed the decision and the outlook worsened month by month. I wonder if I should actually take the chance and buy some more? But there is another court decision to come... Would it favor the company? Not very likely. Should I sell? Yes, I really should. So I finally took the plunge and after the dividend ex-date I sold the TVEAT stock with a loss.
My purchase price was 1949€ and sale price was 1449€, so exactly 500€ loss (not including the transaction fees). I have received dividends last year of 75,6€ and will receive 50,4€ this year's dividends as well. But still, the first real loss, not to count the small 10€ red loans in P2P lending platforms.


Did I learn from it? Not sure, as I took a chance and bought some of Madara Cosmetics stocks. I made a post about Madara cosmetics a month ago, writing about their investor bonus program. So I took a plunge and bought some. The price has gone down 30 cents since the post I wrote, so I decided it was time to buy it. I also just completed the form on the Madara Cosmetics website to register to the stock owners program. I wonder what happens in the autumn as I am expected to receive the Madara cosmetics box I ordered as well as the one I should from now on get as a stock owner. I guess I will be overrun with cosmetics.

Also, it is interesting to see that the market is not rational, the Madara also had dividend ex-date just a week ago. The dividend is 9 cents per share but the market dropped 25 sents so far. I guess the dividends were lower than expected and people sold. But I want to see what the company will do and to profit from the "cosmetic dividends" as well. So not (too) worried about it. But maybe life will correct my optimism. I found it strange that the info that the Madara finally came out with organic sun protection this spring almost did not affect the price. + 20 sents, after it had just dropped more than 50 cents- really? I would think this would boost it as good suncare is so hard to find, but I guess not very many people are really following the stock who also know about the struggle to find actually good SPF... Unfair, in my eyes. Also looking and official stock releases, their blog etc I do not understand what caused the drop just before that? Anyone knows?

But what happens to the rest of the money I got from selling the TVEAT stock? 
Rest of the money will be put to the LHV Growth Account- I do not plan to dabble in any other stock in foreseeable future. I hope the decision to buy Madara will not let me down. Of course, if I have any news on the stocks I will post about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment