No more IEMM ETF for me?

I have been thinking about the costs of investing in my LHV Growth Account
There are many costs associated with this account. There is a monthly fee of 0,05% starting from the second year and there is also a 1% fee for purchases. Also selling ETFs is rather expensive with an 11€ fee + 0,3% per instrument, and LHV funds charge 1% of sales fee (not sure if this also includes the 11€ or not). Why I use it? Well, it is still the cheapest option offered here in Estonia, also due to the tax law I can postpone income tax on this account. In the future, I might also look into Interactive Broker or other options but at the moment I am using the LHV Growth Account.
But I had one more cost associated with this account. One of the ETFs I was using was an IEMM (Emerging market companies - iShares MSCI EM UCITS). And although they tell you the fund is operated in euro, they lie! So every time I bought my funds or every time I received dividends - it happened in USD. And every time I had to pay for the currency exchange for this. I decided to end this extra cost. So first I stopped buying this fund, and then I waited for the fund to go up enough that I could sell it without losses. So I had 32,149 shares of it and my personal purchase price had been 35,63€ (so 1145,47€ invested) and I sold at the price of 36,664€ (1178,71€) and paid 14,54 as a fee. So I sold with a tiny margin and was rather happy as the fund had been rather volatile. Of course, since then it has gone up being over 37,40€ at the moment, but you win some you lose some. At least now all my ETFs are traded in euro and I have therefore limited somewhat my monthly costs on the account.

0 comments:

Post a Comment