2 years of investing - what have I achieved?

I started investing in August 2016, so by the second half of this month, I have been in the investing "scene" for 2 years. 

So what have I achieved, are there any changes and what are the future plans?

I started in August 2016  by adding 1000€ to Bondora, then in September I added 1000€ to Mintos and in December added also some funds to CrowdEstate. In January 2017 I started an LHV Growth Account, which allows to by regularly ETFs with relatively low costs and also started using EstateGuru. So half a year in I was already in 4 portals. Quite recently I added Grupeer as 5th.

I realized quite quickly that Bondora is not something I could use as the interest % they show and what you get are really not in balance. I stopped adding money there already in January 2017. This is the only portal I am exiting. Also as lately the interests have dropped significantly in other portals and inflation also eats into the profits I feel too much of my money is in crowdfunding sites... so I have limited my deposits to these sites and try to add most of my investments to LHV Growth Accounts that seems a safer option also due to tax benefits there.
So while 6 months ago in general terms my portfolio looked like this, the current status is on the lower image. The categories are not perfect but I thought it would be better than just adding every portal seperately. 
Bondora and Mintos (and Grupeer in the lower image) are in P2P loans. As EstateGuru and CrowdEstate mostly deal with realestate they are marked in the orange category. LHV Growth Account with the 5 funds I buy weekly is the grey and individual stock is the yellow (in February graph it is the Tallinna Vesi and now Madara Cosmetics). On the upper image the full sum was 13800€ and on July it was 16300€. There aren't that big differences but as you can see I have been adding more money to the Growth Account and have a smaller investment in individual stocks.  The change towards more money in ETFs is something  I plan to keep up. I will also add some money to CrowdEstate, but try to limit deposits to other portals to get a bit better balance of the different risks. The P2P loans part has not been going down as Mintos had several lovely campaigns so I added uncommonly much money there in June. But as they publicised that Mogo will be buying back a lot of the loans my average interest I am able to get there has significantly gone down. I had to change my auto-invest portfolios as my money was just sitting on my account. So this is why am hesitant to add more money there. I generally enjoy the portal but, hey, of course I loved the higher interests with buyback guarantee more.

What else I should say about this 2-year journey?
I generated 2 graphs to show in time my deposits month by month as well as the cumulative sum I have deposited over this time. So the best months was January 2017 when I started LHV Growth account and added a lot of money there. All in all, I have deposited 14085€ to my investing accounts.

From the pretax profits, it is clear that months vary quite a bit but all in all, I have gathered 1507€ in profits during these 2 years. I am quite happy with this sum. I mean I am in no way professional, but as someone who started 2 years ago knowing absolutely nothing, this isn't half bad I think. 

So what next?
Well, first of all, I try to keep up my current savings level.
I am not currently looking for new portals to try, but I would not say this is ruled out if something interesting crops up. The main target is to keep adding money to investments and I would like to see that by the end of the year 1/3 of my portfolio value is in the LHV Growth account. The end of the year will be a good time to reevaluate things anyway, to see where to go from there.
Also, September will be a bit slower month as I need to pay up the last years income tax (deadline is 1st of October) so probably a bit less money will be deposited to investments next month.
Where will I be the same time next year? I'd love to have portfolio value over 20 000€. Let's see :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment