August 2019 overview


Soooo... I am late as heck this time. Have had motivational issues, partly due to the CrowdEstate issues so I do not really want to look at my investments too closely. But here we go.


Deposits in August were made as follows:

Envestio 150
Grupeer 150

I added 550 to my investments which is kind of average when looking back to the year. As many of the loans in both CrowdEstate and EstateGuru are in trouble so I am playing with the idea of taking my money out of there. So adding extra money to CrowdEstate was not planned but I did not cancel my automatic deposit from my bank fast enough and so this transaction still went through, but in September anymore. 
Both Grupeer and Envestio are rather slow to actually add the money to the account after the transfer from my bank is made. So reacting to great offers on those portals is impossible by adding extra money. So just deposit and expect loans to be coming up in Envestio. In Grupeer there are always some loans in the market so that is not so much an issue. But still a week my money is being added to the account is the time it is not earning me any money.

Income was almost 100€ less compared to last month. So nothing to shout about. Still having real trouble in moving towards the yearly goal of 1800€ income from investments in a year.

From best to worst:

Mintos 51,29
CrowdEstate 36,44
Envestio 19,22
EstateGuru 17,69
Grupeer 9,78
Bondora 0,08

Altogether this gives 134,50 per month or 4,34 a day. So 8 months in this was the 4th best month of the year. Not great. I have been constantly adding extra money in so Id like to see the monthly numbers increasing.

So what are the surprises? 
I am most surprised by the Envestio very strong income, at the end of August I had 1400€ invested there and got a monthly income of 19,22. So this would mean 16,5% of yearly interest. If they manage to keep this up I am obviously really happy :) 
Mintos had also the best-ever month I have had, so it is still going strong although the interest rates have really dropped there I still have strong loans performing there. The auto invest has trouble getting the money out so I have been logging in daily to manually invest the money which is a hassle. But I still enjoy the portal very much.
On the less positive side, CrowdEstate and EstateGuru have many loans delayed and the communication from the CrowdEstate side has been non-existent in many cases. So considering exiting from the portals either fully or just stoping reinvesting. I need to figure out where to put this money, LHV is an option but there my fees are starting to get to the 10€ mark where alternative places like Interactive Broker (IB), for example, might be a better fit. Lately, there has been a great post about IB in Estonian FB Group Naisinvestorite Klubi. So I have to make some calculations and take charge of my finances and make some good decisions. The alternative would be to pull the money out and put it as a downpayment for a home. Home is not an investment but can be a saving tool in high rent areas, but at the same time with possibly less than 9 years left (as I have mentioned I have a chronic illness) is there a point to buy a home I won't be able to use much... So, I need to make decisions and this won't be easy. Will need to think on it.

The portfolio value was 25430,46 on 31.08.2019, which is 550 higher than a month ago. So I have hit my goal of 25 000 as a portfolio value! I set 3 financial goals for 2019 and I have hit 2 of them. So great going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment