Madara news

Sharing some Madara News. 
As my readers probably know I am Madara investor. Madara Cosmetics is listed the Baltic market in the Nasdaq First North (also known as an Alternative Market). Madara is an interesting company as it gives it's shareholders some products twice a year (I have written of this process several times but as how to register the info is here, and how the delivery works, it is discussed here). So just a few days ago I got a notification that I could order my insider beauty box which I did. At the moment it is still in the "processing" phase in the shop, but I am sure I will get it soon. 

Also, I did get a Madara Newsletter stating that they are coming out with Madara colored cosmetics, and they are pre-orderable here
This is news I am not sure how to feel about it. I do like the idea of more nature- and skin-friendly color-cosmetics at the same time I know that the market is full of companies offering color cosmetics with a variety of prices and ingredients. I am not sure it is a good idea to jump into such strong competition. Madara has had several tinted moisturizers or CC creams on the market for some time. I am light-skinned with pink undertones so I love the Moon Flower Rose Beige tinting fluid, although this is too dark for me in the winter, but spot-on in the summer. And this Moon Flower was the lightest of the 4 products they had. So I had nothing from them I could use in winter. But now they are adding additional base products with the better color range - a glowy foundation with 10 shades. As well as concealer, highlighters, brow pomades, lipglosses and multi-use colors that can be used on eyes. All in all, the addition of foundation with skincare benefits is great but just 10 shades still mean you probably need to buy two shades and mix them (they recommend it on the website), and this is 33€ foundation (30ml) so it is not cheap. I guess for a skincare brand my main complaint is that the foundation does not contain sun protection. It is the most important step of morning skincare and even low protection of SPF 10 or 15 would be logical from such a brand. So thumbs kind of up for foundation and concealer but colors... Eyeshadows and lipglosses or brow products, I am not sure why they would go there...
I am sure I won't order these products from the website before getting to test them on my hand in the shop, but I am intrigued by the base as well as the Cosmic Drops highlighter. Maybe I will get samples of some of these in my autumn box? I will let you know. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment